Part-Time Administrative Assistant/Assistant Event Coordinator
Position: Administrative Assistant; 20 hours per week plus extra hours during events; providing administrative/office support and events support to the operations of the Downtown Association of Yakima (DAY) office; under the direct supervision of the Executive Director.
Job Description: the part-time Administrative Assistant would answer phones, welcome guests who come into the lobby, perform administrative skills, including but not limited to opening mail, filing, data entry, business pickups and deliveries, social media posts and management, completing reports, executing business correspondence, recording and publishing minutes from various meetings, reviewing documents, adding and editing content to the website, and assist in the daily operations of the DAY office.
- Excellent phone skills
- People Skills: the ability to interact with a wide range of personalities who come into the office or do business with DAY
- Competency in computer operation; competency in MS Word, Excel
- Competency in social media, primarily Facebook, and basic website software
- Basic Filing
- Good listening skills
- Articulate, comfortable speaking with stakeholders and the public
- Ability to adapt to a quickly changing environment
- Ability to grasp the organization’s overall mission and goals
- Competency in Quickbooks a Plus
- Touch typing skills a Plus
- Bilingual skills a Plus
- Keyboard skills for computer
- Phone skills
- Driver’s license
- Use of a personal vehicle to perform deliveries and pick ups
- Basic writing skills
- Competency in basic computer software: MS Word, Excel
- Competency in Social Media
- Ability to lift boxes of 15 lbs.
- Punctual adherence to scheduled hours
- Ability to follow directions and complete tasks fully
- Ability to take initiative to work on your own as you grow in the job
- Flexible schedule in order to work evening and weekend events
Andrew Holt, firstname.lastname@example.org
Compensation: commiserate with qualifications and job responsibilities.